- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil (canola, vegetable or coconut)
- 1/4 cup plain /Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour a 9″ by 5″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon).
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, oil, yogurt, vanilla and eggs). Add sugar, chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 45 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Cool the bread in the pan to room temperature.
Leave a Reply