- 6 ounces Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste (or 1 tsp Vanilla Extract)
- 1 cup AP Flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 1/2 ounces Butter
- 2 tablespoons Golden Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the sifted flour and cornstarch until combined.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a fluted tip. Pipe 1in rounds onto a baking sheet linded with parchment paper, allowing room to spread.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden. Cool on a tray (not on a rack, that will make it hard to pick up the delicate cookie).
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and turn on very low heat.
- Stir for 25-30 minutes or until thick and pale golden. Allow to cool. Eat with a big spoon.