- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- a small handful basil leaves, cut in a chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 French baguette
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3-4 olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1 pound tomatoes, we used a mix of grape, cherry, plum, heirloom and kumato and chopped them in chunks
- For the Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet together with the salt, pepper, olive oil, fennel seeds, garlic and oregano. Keep this in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes. The idea is only to warm it up and slightly toast it to get the flavors going.
- For the Salad
- While the bread is in the oven, place the tomatoes in a big bowl.
- Add in the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and rice wine vinegar. Give this a gentle mix and let this sit for a few minutes.
- Next, add in the bread, olives and basil and using your hands mix everything together to ensure the juices get into the bread.
- Then drizzle balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- Add in a few torn leaves of basil for garnish in the end and serve!
Leave a Reply