- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste, or more to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- 2 hot red chilies, seeded and thinly sliced for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok or large sauté pan over medium high heat and stir fry the onion and pepper until slightly soft. Add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to pan and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally and adding some oil if needed, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Deglaze the pan with wine, then add coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, green curry paste, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens slightly and chicken is completely cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Thai basil leaves, then spoon into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with red chilies if desired and serve with jasmine rice.
Leave a Reply