You MUST TRY these crockpot mashed potatoes! They are so creamy and delicious, plus they are super easy to make! Which makes them the perfect side for any meal.
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
I cook meat as my main course a lot! There are so many different recipes! And if I can find meat that falls off of the bone easily, then it’s a winner in my book. But… When cooking a big meal like that then I need my side dishes to be just as delicious! The thing is, they can’t take too much work. Because let’s be honest, the only time anyone is willing to cook all day is for Thanksgiving, right?!
So that’s where these crockpot mashed potatoes come in! All that you have to do is cut them up and put it in the crockpot! Then, mash them up with a few ingredients and they are done! Soon, you will be eating the most delicious and creamy potatoes ever! Plus, when it’s that easy then you also have a recipe to come back to over and over again! Go ahead and try them. You’ll never go back to making them any other way!
Ingredients You Need for Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
Not only is this recipe so simple to make but the list of ingredients is short and sweet! See the recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements.
- Potatoes: I use russet potatoes for this recipe! When you cut them up just make sure they are all about the same size. This will help them cook more evenly!
- Chicken broth: I like to use chicken broth instead of water because it gives these potatoes some added flavor!
- Half and half: If you use half and half instead of milk then your potatoes turn out more creamy!
- Butter: I like to use unsalted butter in this. That way, I don’t have to worry about changing the amount of salt!
- Salt and pepper: Classic seasonings for a classic dish!
Let’s Cook Up Some Potatoes!
Before you cook up your main dish, you can get these crockpot mashed potatoes ready to start cooking! They are so creamy and perfect because they cook all day. And the best part is that once you put them in that crockpot, you can forget about them until they are done!
- Cook the potatoes in chicken broth: In a 5 quart crockpot add the diced potatoes and the chicken broth. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until fork tender.
- Add ingredients: Add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper. Using a hand masher or a hand mixer mash the potatoes to desired consistency.
Tips for Cooking Mashed Potatoes
These crockpot mashed potatoes are SOO GOOD. You will want to eat them straight out of the crockpot! Here are some tips to help make them turn out just right!
- Potatoes: If you want a little bit different flavor, you can try using Yukon Gold potatoes instead!
- Keep the potatoes hot: Make sure to keep your potatoes hot until you are ready to mash them up. This helps the butter to melt right into them. Plus, the other ingredients will mix better as well. As soon as you are done mashing them, then put the lid back on them and turn the crockpot to warm until you are ready to serve!
- Don’t overmix: If you continue mixing your potatoes after they are mashed and ready to go then they can get gummy. So just mix them until all of the lumps are out and then they will be good to go!
How to Store Leftovers
Hopefully, you have enough of these yummy crockpot mashed potatoes to eat the next day for leftovers! They are so good and super easy to store.
- Refrigerator: Once your crockpot mashed potatoes have cooled then place them in an airtight container. Put them in your fridge and they can last up to 3 days!
- Reheat: When you are ready to eat your leftovers, take them out and heat them up in the microwave! Cook them on high for about 1 minute or until heated through.
Super Easy Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
The Recipe Critic