- 1 teaspoon chopped basil (or ¼ t basil flakes)
- 4 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce (available in the Asian section of your market)
- 150 grams Frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 32 wonton wrappers
- For this recipe, be sure to use a pot that is large enough that the wontons have room and don’t get all piled on top of one another.
- Mix spinach, ricotta, basil and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Place 1 T filling in each wonton and fold according to package instructions being sure to seal the last fold with a bit of water.
- Bring broth, soy and chili sauce to a boil.
- Add wontons and scallions and bring back to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until wontons are tender.