- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 sprigs mint
- 1 cup lemon juice- fresh squeezed
- 7 cups watermelon- cut into a 1″ dice- approx half a medium watermelon
- 8 ounces gin
- Place sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan, add mint. Cook over medium heat stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once dissolved remove from heat, cover saucepan and let sit for at least an hour to infuse.
- In a blender combine the lemon juice with cubed watermelon.
- Add mint simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time until the mixture is at your desired sweetness, about a cup.
- Pour the mixture into a large pitcher and add 1 cup of cold water, the gin and fill with the watermelon mixture. Stir to combine.