- 2 avocados, seeded and chopped finely
- Shredded cabbage
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 2-3 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked corn
- Corn tortillas
- 1 TBSP cumin
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Extra lime for garnish
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 TBSP red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh red pepper, de-veined, de-seeded and coarsely chopped.
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 TBSP salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat chicken with evoo and spices evenly on both sides, (save lime for cooked chicken.) Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear. Let cool a bit. Decrease oven temperature to 200 degrees. While chicken is cooking make the guacamole and corn salsa.
- While chicken is still warm, shred with 2 forks and when shredded, squeeze lime juice over the chicken and a bit of extra salt if needed. Keep chicken warm by covering it with foil.
- In a skillet on med high heat, put a small amount of canola oil or cooking spray in the pan and let heat. Cook corn tortillas until browned on both sides and place on a cookie sheet in the 200 degree oven to keep warm while finishing the rest.
- Make the tacos by laying a tortilla flat and adding chicken, corn salsa, and guacamole. Top with sour cream, salsa, shredded cabbage and a lime for garnish. Enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep in the frig while cooking everything else so the ingredients can meld together.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Coating the avocado in the lime juice will help the guacamole to stay green and not turn brown. By chopping the avocado instead of creaming it it will make the guacamole stay green for days! I like to cut the tomato and avocado about the same size but all the other ingredients I finely chop.