- full package fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 large pasteurized eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion or ½ large sweet onion
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Thinly slice the onion and sauté over medium in the olive oil.
- While onions are sautéing remove the fat from the bacon and chop into pieces; discard the fat or reserve for another use.
- Add bacon to onions and sauté for about 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the bacon is almost cooked.
- While bacon and onions are cooking bring about 3 inches of water to a boil and add the vinegar. Once boiling reduce heat to just barely simmer.
- Add the spinach and turn with tongs until completely wilted and mixed with the bacon and onions. Saute for 2 minutes; just until spinach is cooked. Do not overcook!
- Give the water a gentle stir and just after you add the spinach to the onions and bacon, drop the eggs in one at a time to poach. (first break the eggs into a cup) 3 minutes will give you medium firm egg; runny yolk and solid whites.
- Divide the spinach evenly between two dinner plates and top with two poached eggs. Sprinkle black lava salt (if you have another kind of salt like truffle salt, that is great too!) and fresh ground black pepper. Serve with a large chunk of toasted baguette.