- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 avocado, pit removed and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1/8 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the kale, pat dry and remove the leaves from the stems (you can save the stems to add to a smoothie or a sautéed veggies – they have a lot of nutrition so don’t discard!). Chop the leaves and place in a large salad bowl. In a bowl (or blender), combine the oil and lemon juice and mix until very well combined. Pour the lemon & olive oil over the kale leaves and toss. The acid from the lemons will help soften the kale leaves a little. Chop the remaining vegetables, add to the salad and toss everything together. Sprinkle a little salt over the salad if desired. Serve in heaping portions and enjoy your mass of amazingness!