- 1 can canned sardines, drained and rough chopped
- 2 cups Cassava (I used frozen)
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Egg Yolks, beaten
- 2 Egg Whites, whisked
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/8 cup Cilantro or Parsley, minced
- some oil, for frying
- Salt& Pepper, to taste
- I used frozen cassava because it is a time saver! So no judging…. In a pot with salted water cook the cassava also known as in Spanish yuca until fork tender.
- Once the cassava is cooked throughly, mash it till smooth. Then add in the sardines, cheese, egg yolks, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cilantro/parsley, mix well.
- Preheat oil in frying pan. With wet hands start forming balls with the sardine batter, dip it in the egg whites then roll it in the bread crumbs, use all the batter. Fry corquettes till golden brown on all sides. Let it rest on a double-lined paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve with ketchup.