- 1 3/4 cups Self-Raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 113g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbs full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g dark chocolate, cut into rough chunks
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and place baking paper on two baking trays
- Beat butter and sugar and essence till light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and egg yolks, beating after each one.
- Sift the SRF and baking soda together. On low speed, beat into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk till just combined.
- Stir through the chocolate using a spatula.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the baking trays, ensuring there is a good 4-5cm separation between cookies (cause these babies spread!)
- Sprinkle cookies with sea salt
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or till golden brown (they will be uber soft, as hard as it is, wait for them to cool!)
- Let sit on wire racks to cool to room temperature and store in airtight containers.
Leave a Reply