- 4 semi-ripe Bosc pears
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet wine (we used Riesling)
- 1 star anise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Quarter and core the pears, then place cut-side up (skin-side down) and dust them with powdered sugar.
- Add the butter to an oven-safe Dutch oven or similar over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the pears cut-side down to the pan and cook until browned for about 8-10 minutes. Flip the pears skin-side up, add the wine, star anise and cinnamon stick to the pan and place into the oven for 15-20 minutes. The wine should reduce down to a syrup consistency and the pears will be tender.
- Transfer the pears to a serving dish, drizzle with leftover syrup from the pan and top with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.