- 1 egg
- sprinkle of Nori Goma Furikake
- ½ cup Calrose rice
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon thick soy sauce
- 1 turkey breakfast sausage link
- Cook rice fully in rice cooker or pot according to package directions.
- Cook turkey sausage according to package directions; we generally just use a skillet.
- For the egg, melt butter in skillet on medium heat.
- Crack egg into skillet and fry just until egg white is cooked, or sunny-side up, roughly 1 minute.
- Using a spatula to lightly break up the egg white around the yolk as it cooks will help ensure a fully cooked white, while keeping the yolk runny.
- Put rice in a bowl, and lightly drizzle on sesame oil, thick soy sauce, and furikake seasoning.
- Place the fried egg on top of the rice. Chop up sausage and toss it in the bowl.
- Just before eating, use a fork and knife to cut the egg up into small pieces and let the yolk run over the rice.