- 1 ¼ cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon flaxseed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ to 1/3 cup raspberry jam, for swirling
- ¼ cup rolled oats, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease an 8×8 pan.
- Combine all wet ingredients—milk, flax, vanilla, syrup, oil. Let stand while grinding the walnuts. It’s okay if the walnuts are still a little chunky—texture is good. Whisk together with the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and additional oats, if using.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Using a spoon, dollop lines of jam across the batter and swirl into batter using a knife. Pour the rest of the batter on top.
- Mix up the crumble topping: add the walnuts to a bag and crush until broken down into pea-sized crumbs. Toss with the oat flour, cinnamon, sugar and rolled oats if using. Stir in the tablespoon of oil until the everything starts to come together–mixture should be crumbly. Sprinkle the topping evenly across the top of the batter and bake for 25 minutes, or until browned on top and it springs back slightly when touched. Serve warm.