French bread pizza is quick, easy, AND delicious! Topped with all of your favorite things, this simple pizza delivers amazing taste! It’s definitely a winner!
I love simple recipes that don’t skimp on taste! This pizza is crispy and cheesy and totally has that yummy, deep Italian flavor! It’s SOO GOOD. Add in a pasta salad, some yummy lemonade, and these delicious cupcakes and you’ve got yourself a full meal!
Simple French Bread Pizza
If I could pick one meal that I am CONSTANTLY going to over and over, this is it! This meal is absolutely delicious! I can make it in under 10 minutes and my kids love it. I mean they really love it. And so do I! We can add in all of our own toppings which makes it different every single time we eat it. In fact, switching that up may be my favorite part. It gets my kids to try new things and then they end up loving it even more! We’ve used olives, pineapple, peppers, chicken, sausage, pepperoni, salami, bacon, and even more! And using this easy homemade pizza sauce really takes it to the next level!
The options for this pizza are endless! And not only that but I love that I don’t have to spend time making the crust! I just buy a loaf of french bread from the store, slice it up, and away we go. I mean on days that I am REALLY ambitious, I have cooked up my own french bread. But you definitely don’t have to do that! This meal also makes fantastic leftovers that we love eating up for lunch the next day! I seriously cannot get enough of this easy meal. Try it out! I know that we all get so busy so this is a great option for those on-the-go nights!
What Do I Need to Make French Bread Pizza?
Be ready to be amazed! This ingredients list is so easy! Not only that but it’s so simple to switch out your toppings with whatever you have on hand! It will be yummy AND unique! See the recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements.
- French bread: Just one loaf is all that you need! This saves you SO much time because you don’t have to make a pizza crust!
- Homemade pizza sauce: You can use store bought pizza sauce in a pinch but I highly suggest making this sauce! It’s really easy! Plus, it brings in those yummy Italian spices and flavors!
- Mozzarella cheese: You can’t have a delicious pizza without cheese!
- Optional Toppings: Pepperoni, olives, tomatoes, basil
How to Make French Bread Pizza
If you thought the list of ingredients was simple, the instructions on how to make this are even easier! It only takes 3 easy steps and then you will have a delicious meal ready to eat! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
- Prep and slice: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Lay the bread on a baking sheet.
- Add sauce, cheese and toppings: Spread evenly with the pizza sauce, top with cheese and favorite toppings.
- Bake and serve: Bake for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Slice and serve.
How to Customize Your Pizza
If you are looking for ways to switch up some easy recipes then this is definitely the place to be! These French bread pizzas can be different every single time you serve them! Which is exactly why I can justify cooking them so much… It’s like a new recipe every time! Here are a couple of ideas for you!
- Toppings: This is the easiest way for you to make this your own! Try different meats like ham, salami, chicken or sausage! Then, add in your favorite fruits and veggies from your garden! I especially love green onions, peppers, pineapple, tomatoes, really anything that I have on hand! Mix and match what you put together every time!
- Sauce: If you really want to switch up the flavor, the sauce is an easy way to do it! In fact, try this alfredo sauce with some shredded cheese and chicken, green onions and tomatoes! Or, you should try using this bbq sauce with some cheese and top it with some chicken, bacon and chopped red onion!
How to Store Leftovers
These French bread pizzas make the best leftovers! My kids love eating them for lunch the next day! In fact, you could even make an extra and have dinner ready to go for tomorrow.
- Refrigerate: Once your pizza has cooled then store it in an airtight container or a large ziplock bag. It can stay in your firdge for 3-4 days!
- Reheat: You can reheat this in your microwave by cooking it for about a minute on high or until heated through. To make it crispy, then just broil it in your oven until it turns golden brown. Just watch it closely, you don’t want it to burn! You can also reheat it for 15 minutes at 375 degrees or until warm!
Quick and Easy French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup homemade pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Lay the bread on a baking sheet.
Spread evenly with the pizza sauce, top with cheese and favorite toppings.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Slice and serve.
The Recipe Critic