- 2 1/4 cups (11.25 oz) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (I replaced wt vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 extra-large eggs (I used large egg instead)
- 3/4 cup (6oz) granulated sugar( I reduced to ½ cup)
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) light brown sugar,packed(I reduced to ½ cup)
- 1 1/2 cups (7.5 oz) milk chocolate chips
- zest of 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (8 oz),room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375 F with rack in the center position.Line 2 baking sheets with silicone pan liners or parchment paper.
- Sift the flour,baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.Place the butter,granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.Using an electric mixer set on high speed,beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy,about 2 minutes.Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the eggs,one at a time, and mix zest and finally the flour.When the flour mixture is totally incorporated,mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons on the prepared sheets,placing the portions 2 inches apart.Bake the cookies,one sheet at a time, until they just begin to brown around the edges,10-12 minutes.The center should remain pale.Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes,then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Bake the remaining cookies in the same way. (You do not have to replace the lining material for subsequent batches).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.