- 1 can (15 oz) Chili beans, undrained (I used Bush's)
- 1 teaspoon New Mexico chili powder
- 14 ounces chorizo
- 1 teaspoon Your favorite hot sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta® Mexican Mild, cubed to ½”
- 3/4 cup Whole milk
- Brown the chorizo in a non-reactive skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beans and bring just to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the cheese and let it melt.
- Add the milk, chili powder and hot sauce, then bring back to a low simmer.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Mash the beans gently with a potato masher and stir to recombine.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- Note: You can adjust the consistency of the finished dip by adding milk to make it thinner, or by letting it reduce to tighten it up.