- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 cup Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cold)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Grease baking sheet; set aside. Combine flour, cheese, baking powder, oregano and salt in large bowl or food processor. Cut in butter with pastry blender, two knives or pulses of the food processor until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (If blended in food processor, transfer mixture to large bowl.)
- Combine milk, eggs and Tabasco sauce in small bowl until well blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in onion. (The dough will be sticky.) Place dough onto center of prepared baking sheet; pat dough into 9″ circle. Cut circle into 8 wedges.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely.