- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- cup water
- cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raisins (original recipe uses nuts)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom only of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Mix oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda; stir in butter. Reserve 1 cup of the oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture in pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl about 50 strokes or until well blended. (Mixture may be lumpy.) Stir in nuts. Spread over baked layer; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean. Cool completely for easier cutting, about 2 hours. For 48 brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered.
Leave a Reply