- 1 pound orzo
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons EVOO
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 12 pepperoncinis, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil. Generously salt water and cook orzo until tender, approximately 7-9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While orzo is cooking, spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast lightly in oven on 400 degrees. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of EVOO on medium heat in a non-stick pan. Saute chopped green onions for approximately 2 minutes. Add parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, toasted pine nuts and cooked orzo. Saute for 3-4 minutes for flavors to combine and absorb into the orzo. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion and pepperoncinis to orzo mixture. Additionally add crumbled feta cheese, red wine vinegar and remaining six tablespoons of EVOO. Mix well. Can be refrigerated or served immediately.
Leave a Reply