- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 4 eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup white cheese
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to “warm” or 170 degrees. Bring a small saute pan or small omelet pan to a warm.
- Saute the veggies using the olive oil starting with the shallot and garlic, adding the mushrooms until they are tender. Toss in the tomatoes and spinach and remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour a layer of the egg into a small omelet pan or small saute pan. As the egg starts to cook run a spatula around the edge to loosen the egg. Once the egg is almost cooked (slightly runny on the top) sprinkle half the basil, cheese, and sauteed veggies on to one side of the egg. Gently fold the egg over the filling.
- Slide the omelet onto a small oven safe plate and put it in the oven.
- Repeat for the second omelet!