- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 cup Chopped carrot
- 1 stick of Celery finelly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- fresh parsley
- 1/2 a large onion or 1 small onion the size of an egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 whole Chicken
- Place the chicken in a pot and add enough water to cover the chicken. Three quarters of the pot full.
- Add the onion, carrot bits, salt pepper, rosemary, basil.
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer until the chicken starts to pull away from the bone.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool. Strip the meat off in tiny bite sized pieces.
- In the meantime, add the cup of rice to the stock and let it simmer for another 10 – 15 minutes. The rice must be well cooked.
- Add the celery and the chicken to the soup.
- Allow to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Ready to serve with some crispy hot bread or croutons on the side.
Leave a Reply