- 7 oz. dark chocolate, grated
- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 box of Pavisini ladyfingers
- Make your pot of coffee & let cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl until light, pale & “ribbons.” Then mix in the mascarpone.
- Stiffly whisk the egg whites in a different grease-free bowl.
- Gently fold in the egg whites in thirds to the mascarpone mix.
- Make a single layer of ladyfingers on the base of a deep serving dish making sure they fit tightly together on the bottom. Then brush the lady fingers evenly with coffee (don't be shy, a good two passes with the brush should be plenty).
- Make a nice even layer of the mascarpone cream/egg mixture and sprinkle/cover with grated chocolate.
- Continue making layers until all the ingredients are used (you should have 3 layers), finishing with a layer of mascarpone cream/egg mixture.
- Dust with cocoa, wrap with plastic and chill in the fridge for about 3 hours. Enjoy!!