- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, cut into small pieces 125 mL
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups flour and confectioners' sugar. Blend in the melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Press the soft dough with the palm of your hand into the bottom of the greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake the dough in the preheated oven at 170˚C for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs until light.
- Combine the sugar, baking powder and ¼ cup of flour so there will be no flour lumps.
- Stir the sugar mixture into the eggs.
- Stir in the lemon juice and lemon rind. Pour over the prepared crust and return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until bars are set.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.