- 1 pinch chilli powder (optional)
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion sliced in thin rings
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup (maybe more, I just squirt it in)
- Fry the onion till soft. Add the everything else and stir it up.
- Simmer for about five minutes until everything is blended and the sauce thick. You might need to add more water to thin it down. If it's too thin add more ketchup.
- Note:This sauce tastes wonderful with Quorn (mycoprotein).
- Don't be put off the ketchup, nobody would guess you used it to make the sauce. This is one of the recipes I use for entertaining and is very popular.
Leave a Reply