- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 medium cucumbers
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Peel the cucumbers, cut lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Then cut into strips of about 1 cm wide and 5 cm long.
- Toss the cucumbers with the vinegar, salt and sugar and let sit for at least 30 minutes. (This process extracts the liquid from the cucumbers)
- Drain and pat dry in a towel.
- Heat the oven to 200 C.
- In a baking dish, toss the cucumbers with the olive oil, dill, green onions and pepper.
- Place uncovered in the middle of the oven for about one hour, tossing 2 – 3 times until cumbers are tender but still have a bit of of crispness and texture.
- Serve warm.