Creamy Tuscan garlic salmon is an easy 30-minute restaurant-quality meal. The pan-seared salmon gets smothered in the most amazing creamy Tuscan garlic sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. This is one unforgettable meal!
We love Tuscan-inspired recipes at our house. They are some of the top searched recipes on the site! Be sure to also try this Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken, Stuffed Tuscan Garlic Chicken, and Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp ASAP!
A Reader’s Review
Tuscan Garlic Salmon Recipe
I feel like my collection of salmon recipes is now complete with the Tuscan garlic salmon. It’s crispy and flaky salmon and smothered in a creamy garlic sauce. This helps keep the salmon fillets tender, flaky, and moist. Tuscan recipes are always some of the top searches on this site and I think it’s because the sauce is finger-licking good!
My favorite part about this recipe is that you can get a restaurant-quality meal RIGHT AT HOME! This meal is ready in under 30 minutes and is better than any restaurant I have had. This meal is one that you will make over and over again! Cook it with some pasta and a delicious salad and it will be the perfect meal.
Ingredients in Creamy Tuscan Garlic Salmon
This salmon looks at tastes like it’s from a restaurant but the ingredients used are actually very simple! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Salmon Fillets: These will be the star of the show!
- Olive Oil: You will sear your salmon in the olive oil to get a nice golden edge.
- Garlic Cloves: If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves on hand then you can used minced garlic. ½ teaspoon equals about 1 clove of fresh garlic.
- Heavy Cream: The heavy cream stands out and give the sauce that delicious creaminess that you want in this recipe!
- Chicken Broth: This will be the base of the sauce and gives some additional flavor.
- Garlic Powder: Can you ever have too much garlic? I don’t think so!
- Italian seasoning: I like to make my Italian seasoning at home using this recipe because it’s so delicious. But you can use store bought as well!
- Parmesan Cheese: This adds to the taste and texture of the sauce.
- Cornstarch: The cornstarch will help your sauce to thicken.
- Spinach: I use fresh spinach that I have chopped up.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: This is th best flavor that you can add to the dish in my opinon!
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Garlic Salmon
- Sear the Salmon: To start,To start, add oil to a large skillet and salt and pepper your salmon. Pan sear the salmon by placing skin side down and turn to medium low heat.
- Cook and Flip: Let it cook for about 7 minutes and then flip the salmon over and then cook for an additional 3 minutes until it is barely pink in the center. Set aside on a plate.
- Make Sauce: Add minced garlic to your pan and cook for a minute and then stir in the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese to make the cream sauce.
- Add Spinach and Tomatoes: Whisk in the cornstarch and then let it sit at a gentle simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and let simmer until spinach starts to wilt. Then, add the salmon filets back to the pan. Serve over some pasta (like spaghetti noodles).
When is Salmon Fully Cooked?
This creamy Tuscan garlic salmon is cooked with the fat liquefies and runs out. Cook the salmon further only to get the degree of doneness that you desire. When flakes separate easily but the meat is translucent, it’s rare but edible. The internal temperature of fully cooked salmon should be 135-145 degrees Fahrenheit.
This creamy Tuscan garlic salmon recipe is so easy and is ready in under 30 minutes! Here are some tips and variations to make yours the best of the best.
- Simmer, don’t boil: To get your sauce nice and creamy and avoid having it separate, you want to keep the sauce simmering and don’t let it boil.
- Broth: You can substitute the chicken browth for water or vegetable broth.
- Fish: If you prefer to use another type of fish, you can try trout, cod or tilapia instead.
What is Tuscan Style Food?
It is a blend of garlic, Italian-style herbs, and can include spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. It is great served as a pasta dish.
Insanely Good Creamy Tuscan Garlic Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
To start, add oil to a large skillet and salt and pepper your salmon. Pan sear the salmon by placing skin side down and turn to medium low heat.
Let it cook for about 7 minutes and then flip the salmon over and cook for an additional 3 minutes until it is barely pink in the center. Set aside on a plate.
Add minced garlic to your pan and cook for a minute and then add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
Whisk in the cornstarch and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and let simmer until spinach starts to wilt. Add the salmon back to the pan.
Updated on June 12, 2022
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply