Enhance the flavor of any fish with this incredible all-purpose fish seasoning. Delicious spices and herbs right from your pantry make the perfect blend to season any type of fish for grilling, baking, or pan searing.
Having this fish seasoning on hand and ready to go has saved me so many times. I love having ready-made spice blends in my pantry to help make dinner time a breeze. I just reach for my favorites like this seasoning when I’m making steak. But the two favorites that I reach for on taco night are my homemade taco or fajita seasonings.
What Is All Purpose Fish Seasoning?
I never knew I needed this homemade fish seasoning in my life until I used it to season my fish for the first time. I was hooked with my first bite! The delicious herbs and flavors complement any fish fillet, shrimp, or scallops. This recipe is packed with all sorts of delicious dried spices that enhance the flavor of any of your seafood dishes!
This recipe is in constant use at our house, and it will leave you wanting to try it out on so many different recipes! Once you use it, you won’t be able to stop! I highly suggest trying this seasoning out on these easy air fryer fish sticks or these fish and chips. But, my all-time favorite fish dish that is a must is this cod recipe. Try it out because I know that you will love it too!
Ingredients Needed For Fish Seasoning
I sure do love making my own seasoning blends at home. I always have spices on hand in my pantry so that I can make this whenever I run out. Definitely make a big batch and keep it in an airtight jar or container. All of the exact measurements are on the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Dried Dill Weed: Dill weed is one of my favorite herbs to pair with fish! It is such a delicious complement to the flavors.
- Dried Parsley: The addition of herbs is lovely with fish. Parsley goes well with any fish, and I love using it here.
- Smoked Paprika: Adding the smokiness of smoked paprika is so good on fish!
- Celery Salt: I think celery salt is the best part of this fish seasoning! It adds so much depth to the taste.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder is always a must in any seasoning!
- Salt: Salt helps enhance all the flavors in this recipe.
- Pepper: Black pepper to give it a little kick. If you really want a kick, add a little cayenne pepper. I love spicy, so I add it often!
How To Make All Purpose Fish Seasoning
By combining all of these seasonings, you are enhancing the flavors of your fish. It comes together so easily with just a few pantry herbs and seasonings. I can’t wait for you to use this seasoning as a spice rub on your favorite fish!
- Combine: In a small bowl, combine dill weed, parsley, paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Store: Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Season/Use: Use as a dry rub for any type of fish. Use 2 tablespoons of seasoning per 1 pound of fish. Gently rub or sprinkle right on the fish to season before grilling, baking, or air frying.
Side Ideas To Serve With Fish
After using this fish seasoning then, you can make this meal complete with some easy and delicious sides that go well with fish. I love the fresh and healthy flavors of fish, so I like serving fish with other healthy side dishes.
- Rice: Rice is always a perfect side dish with fish. Especially my easy fried rice.
- Vegetables: Keep things healthy with steamed vegetables! Feel free to bake or grill your veggies if you prefer.
- Pasta: Any cooked pasta would be delicious with fish. Angel hair, penne, bowtie, or even a lemon orzo pasta would be awesome.
- Salads: Top your favorite salad with seasoned fish for some added protein! It would be tasty on this salmon salad!
- Potatoes: Roasted, mashed, or baked potatoes are a great addition to fish!
How to Store Homemade Seasonings
I love tripling this fish seasoning recipe to make enough to store for a few months. It only takes minutes to make, and it is easy to store when I am ready to use it. I have a lot of homemade seasonings that I like to make in big batches, and this is definitely one of them!
Storing: Store in an airtight container in a dry and cool place. Depending on how fresh your spices are, your seasoning should last up to 6 months. The shelf life of this fish seasoning mix is great!
Homemade Fish Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a small bowl combine dill week, parsley, paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Use as a dry rub for any type of fish. Use 2 tablespoons seasoning per 1 pound of fish. Gently rub or sprinkle right on the fish to season before grilling, baking, or air frying.
The Recipe Critic