- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes (please use fresh not canned, your body and taste buds will thank you)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Begin by skinning and seeding your tomatoes. This is achieved by bringing water to a boil and scoring your tomatoes by lightly cutting a cross on both ends. Submerge tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Peel off the skin, cut then ends off, then cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Heat oil in large pot and cook onions for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Then add tomato and cook until soft, or about 5 minutes. Stir in the stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor in small batches or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Add sugar and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. While stirring continuously slowly add cream. Allow to mix and heat but not to boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.