This healthy banana bread is made with NO sugar and it tastes absolutely divine! After you bake up this delicious bread the serve yourself up a slice or two, It’s SOO GOOD.
I love adding bananas into recipes. It’s a strong and delicious flavor and as a bonus, my kids love it! Try out this banana pudding, smoothie, and coffee cake. They all use bananas and are insanely delicious.
Healthy Banana Bread
Banana bread is one of my favorite recipes that I have! But sometimes, you crave delicious bread without all of the sugar. And that’s where this amazing recipe comes in. You don’t have to sacrifice any delicious taste to make it healthy. I used liquid coconut oil, almond milk, and honey to keep it sweet and moist. It’s seriously so tasty and perfect to start out the new year with some healthy food!
This healthy banana bread not only tastes good but it’s super easy to make. I love finding recipes that are easy enough to have my kids help me with and this is one of them. You just have to dump and mix! In fact, it only takes about 10 minutes to put together. The rest of the time is spent baking in the oven. It’s a great alternative to have on hand when you are craving something good and healthy!
Ingredients in Healthy Banana Bread
Not only did I use healthy ingredients to make this bread but it is also made with whole wheat flour. This makes it super filling as well! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Liquid coconut oil: This is what makes the bread stay soft and moist.
- Honey: The honey makes the bread taste sweet without using sugar.
- Eggs: I used large eggs that were at room temperature for this recipe.
- Ripe bananas: Banana bread is a great way to use up those ripe bananas on your counter!
- Almond milk: This is another ingredient that keeps this bread healthy.
- Vanilla: Vanilla brings out the sweet flavor in the recipe.
- Salt: The salt enhances the flavor of the other ingredients.
- Baking soda: This is used to leaven the dough and make it rise without using yeast.
- Ground cinnamon: Can you even have delicious banana bread without a slight hint of cinnamon?!
- Whole Wheat Flour: You can use all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour if you want to instead.
Let’s Bake Some Bread!
Trust me when I tell you that taking an hour out of your day to make and bake this will be totally worth it! It’s seriously so, so good!
- Preheat and prep: Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with pam spray and then line with parchment so it overhangs on the sides.
- Combine wet ingredients: In a large bowl combine the liquid coconut oil, honey, eggs, mashed bananas and milk.
- Mix: Add the vanilla, salt, baking soda and cinnamon to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add flour and pour: Add the flour and mix until all of the flour is just barely absorbed into the batter. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake: Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. About halfway through the baking you can place a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over the bread to prevent it from getting too dark.
- Cool: Let the bread cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
I like to switch things up to keep this recipe interesting. That way I can make it all the time and never get sick of it! Here are a few things that I have tried.
- Mini muffins: I love a grab and go breakfast! This banana bread batter can be poured into mini muffin tins instead. Just our them into a greased muffin tin, cook them at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Mix-ins: You can add a little crunch or some extra flavor by adding in a few extra ingredients. Try some walnuts, almonds, pecans, dried fruit or even some mini chocolate chips!
How to Store Leftovers
If you are lucky enough to have any of this healthy banana bread left over then it’s easy to store! Or, you can even make a few loaves to freeze for later.
- Refrigerator: You can store this on your counter for 2-3 days but it will last longer in your fridge. Place it in an airtight container and put in in your fridge. It will last 5-7 days.
- Freezer: Wrap your bread up in plastic wrap and then in some foil. Label it with the date and it will last up to 3 months in your freezer. When you are ready to eat it then let it thaw on your counter and enjoy!
Healthy Banana Bread
- 1/3 Cup Coconut oil liquid
- ½ Cup Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 ½ Cup Mashed Ripe Bananas about 4 large bananas
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour or all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with pam spray and then line with parchment so it overhangs on the sides.
In a large bowl combine the liquid coconut oil, honey, eggs, mashed bananas, and milk.
Add the vanilla, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
Add the flour and mix until all of the flour is just barely absorbed into the batter. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. About halfway through the baking, you can place a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over the bread to prevent it from getting too dark.
Let the bread cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply