- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- melted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 mediums potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice each potato crosswise at 1/8-inch intervals, cutting to within 1/4 inch of the bottom. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Arrange potatoes in a buttered roasting pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons melted butter evenly over potatoes, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake potatoes at 425° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over potatoes, drizzle with remaining melted butter, and bake 25 more minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes, baste with butter in pan, and bake 5 more minutes until potatoes are golden.