- 1/2 cup Anaheim peppers, seeded, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chiffonade
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 peach, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 12 ounces salmon fillet
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- Combine all the above ingredients except the olive oil and salmon into a mixing bowl. Stir gently. Add one splash of olive oil and taste for seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Lightly oil and season a salmon fillet with a splash of olive oil and salt and pepper. Place flesh side down on a cleaned and oiled grill or pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes depending on the thickness. Flip and cook for another 2-4 minutes. Salmon will be cooked when the flesh is no longer opaque. I tend to like it pretty rare, but it's your salmon- cook it how you want it!
- Top salmon with salsa and serve!