- 2 T. melted butter
- 1 1/2 lb. cod fillet, or another white fish, cut into 4 serving-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 T. minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- toppings: such as pickles, lettuce and avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- salt & pepper (or seasoning, I used seasoned salt & pepper)
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 t. yellow mustard
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the aioli, season to taste with salt.
- Preheat a grill pan (a nonstick skillet can be used as well) over med-high heat until very hot. Brush the cut-sides of the buns with melted butter. Drizzle a little bit of oil into the pan and using a wad of paper towel, carefully wipe out the excess (you are just reinforcing your nonstick surface). Toast the buttered sides of the buns, then set aside while cooking the fish.
- Pat the fish dry and season with salt & pepper (or seasoning of your choice). Drizzle a little bit of oil over the fish and rub it over the entire surface of the fish to evenly coat with oil. Add the fish to the hot pan and cook, turning once, until the fish is cooked through (cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your fish, somewhere between 2-4 minutes per side).
- erve the fish on the toasted buns, slathered with the aioli and toppings of choice.