- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, lightly roasted in tinfoil with oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinate pork chops for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove and let come to room temperature before grilling. Reserve marinade. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, before serving.
- Grill chops for about 12 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer if you are not sure. It should be at 160. Place pork chops on a platter and cover with foil for a few minutes before serving.
- For the potatoes: In a medium sauce pan or pot, combine potatoes, water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook potatoes until tender, for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain.
- Place potatoes back in pot over medium heat, add cream, roasted garlic, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and white pepper. Mash with a potato masher until fairly smooth. Remove from heat, whisk in butter. Makes 2 1/2 cups
Leave a Reply