- 3 3/4 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup dark (not blackstrap) molasses
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Stir in the eggs, molasses and vinegar.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until just blended, no longer.
- Roll the dough into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in vanilla or rosemary sugar.
- Place the balls about 1” apart on parchment paper covered baking sheets.
- Bake until soft, about 7 minutes. Don’t overbake – they will crisp as they cool.
- Transfer the baked cookies to a cooling rack when they come out of the oven.
Leave a Reply