- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean split
- 1 tablespoon very finely-minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large pears halved, cored
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the wine, sugar, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Place the pears cut-side down in a baking pan. Pour the wine mixture over the pears.
- Cover and bake until the pears are soft, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve pears with juice on top.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Serving size: 1/2 large pear.