- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 4 Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt (or any other coarse salt)
- Bel Gioioso Fresh Mozzarella (about 16 oz.)
- 4 Vine ripened tomatoes OR 4-6 Roma tomatoes
- Slice the mozzarella into 1/2 inch slices.
- Slice the tomatoes into slices.
- Arrange the slices alternating the mozzarella and tomatoes in a row.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then with balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle with a pinch of Kosher salt.
- Stack 4 basil leaves together at a time and roll up tightly like a log.
- Make slices along the rolled up leaves diagonally with a knife. Loosen the leaves and you should see strips of basil leaves.
- Sprinkle the strings of basil over the slices of mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Serve chilled.