- 1 large round eggplant, washed, sliced into rounds
- 10 Tbs chopped tomatoes
- 100g Swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- Basil and oregano leaves, fresh or dried
- Place eggplant rounds in a non-stick pan greased with olive oil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 230°C. Remove the pan from oven, but leave baked eggplant inside.
- Cover each eggplant round with one spoon of chopped tomatoes, sprinkle with oregano and basil leaves.
- Top with grated cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes in the oven at the same temperature, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve pizzette warm or cooled as an appetizer or as a stand-alone small meal.