- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- ½ tsp cardamom, ground into powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups double cream
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup plain flour
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsps vanilla extract
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Cream together the sugar and butter and add the vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture quickly with cold hands or a fork.
- Press the mixture into a greased 10 inch springform tin.
- Beat together all of the ingredients excluding the cocoa powder and ground cardamom until it has thickened. Kurma suggests not to overmix this.
- Place half of the mixture into a separate bowl and add the cocoa powder and cardamom powder. Combine thoroughly.
- Place the white layer of filling over the uncooked base and finally the chocolate filling over the white layer.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 ¼ hours until set (I left mine for 1 hour because my fan oven cooks things a little quicker).
- Allow to cool and refrigerate for day. You will just have to resist the temptation of diving right in!