This Veggie Dip is easy, quick and the yummiest dip! This creamy, full of flavor dip is the perfect way to get your kids to eat their vegetables!
Everyone loves a good dip, because we all love a good excuse to eat with our fingers! These dips will be the hit of the party, Ranch, Rotel, and 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip!
Every parent knows that battle. Trying to get your kids to eat better. We hide vegetables in their spaghetti sauce, or Lasagna. For some reason those are the easiest to hide veggies in. We bribe and beg and sometimes just get mad. Well, this super easy veggie dip recipe will make it all better! Kids and adults alike, are going to love the creamy, tangy dip that just begs for vegetables to be dipped into it.
This dip comes together in a matter of minutes which is ideal for those last minute parties, dinner guests or snack times. The ranch like herbs pair excellently with your favorite vegetables. The dip is cool and fresh, just like the vegetables! Do not be surprised if there is a large dip to vegetable ratio, it’s just that good!
Ingredients for Vegetable Dip
You probably all of these in your pantry right now! Grab them, mix them and watch it disappear!
- Sour Cream: Full fat or low fat will both work.
- Mayonnaise: Again full fat or low fat mayo work perfectly.
- Dill: This herb is one of the best for vegetables. It just works.
- Chives: Gives color and flavor.
- Garlic Powder: Adds great flavor.
- Dried Onion: This is the perfect way to add the onion flavor without the intense bite.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste.
Making Your Healthy Veggie Dip
If you have time, allow the dip to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour to help the flavors really blend together.
- Whisk: In a small bowl whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, chives, garlic powder, dried onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve: Use your favorite veggies to dip.
Variations and Tips for Best Veggie Dip
- Go Lighter: You can lighten up your vegetable dip by using light mayo and light sour cream. You can also substitute the mayonnaise with nonfat greek yogurt. It will be thicker but just as good.
- Dried Herbs vs Fresh: Fresh is always best, but in this dip dried works just as well. If you used dry you want to use slightly less amount than what is called for, for the fresh. Dried herbs have a more concentrated flavor. Add more or less to taste.
- Add Ins: Add in Bacon, parmesan or cheddar cheese, fresh garlic, sun dried tomatoes, or just add extra dill to make extra dilly.
- Leave it out: Usually I take this to a party or I serve it as an appetizer. I always try to take note of how long it has been sitting out so it doesn’t go past that “do not eat” stage. Veggie dip will be safe at room temperature for about 2 hours. Then place it back in the fridge for up to 30 minutes before getting it out again.
How to Serve Easy Veggie Dip
- Serve it up: This dip of course is ideal with vegetables. Our favorites include carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, snap peas, cucumbers, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and jicama. Other options include a variety of olives, radishes and raw sweet potato sticks.
- Other: But Veggie Dip is also stellar with potato chips, wheat thins, buttery crackers, pretzels and pita chips.
Storing Homemade Veggie Dip
In my opinion leftover veggie dip tastes better the next day. It allows the flavors to meld and really brighten. You can keep this dip in the fridge tightly covered or in a sealed container for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing the dip. Mayo and dairy do not freeze well.
More Dips to Try!
Seriously, dips are fun to make and fun to eat. They come in all sorts of flavors, consistencies and even colors. Dipping items include everything from fruit, vegetables to meats and sandwiches. Everyone loves them at the appetizer table. They are often creamy, and extremely delicious. So if you need a dip, sauce, or a good dressing, I have a tried and true recipe for that! These will get you started.
- Cheesy Hot Corn Dip
- Marshmallow Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches and Sauce
- The Famous Fry Sauce
- 5 Minute Easy Chocolate Hummus
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion
- salt and pepper
In a small bowl whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, chives, garlic powder, dried onion and salt and pepper to taste.
Use your favorite veggies to dip.
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply