This lemon vinaigrette salad dressing is bright, zesty, and packed with flavor. It will elevate any salad that you put it on, and you will never go back to any other dressing!
Homemade dressings are the best of the best! I use them on everything, and they are always my first choice. Try out this homemade ranch dressing, this Olive Garden salad dressing, or this fantastic Greek salad dressing!
What is Lemon Vinaigrette?
This lemon vinaigrette salad dressing adds a light splash of deep and bright flavor to any green salad. I love vinaigrette dressings because instead of creamy, they are thinner and add a lot of flavor to just about anything you put them on. This dressing, in particular, is especially good because it also has a tiny bit of honey in the ingredients. This balances out the tart lemon and makes a delightful taste! This dressing tastes delicious on salads, but you can drizzle it on vegetables as well!
I love making my salad dressings at home because first, they are so easy! I usually have all of the ingredients already to whip it up fresh whenever I want it. The second reason is that I can adjust the ingredients to my liking. Sometimes, I may want a bit stronger lemon flavor and other times, I might want that to be subtle. Either way, I can do that by quickly making it at home in less than 5 minutes!
Ingredients to Make this Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
This recipe uses five simple ingredients, and before you know it, you will be enjoying it on a delicious salad. It doesn’t get much fresher than that! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Olive Oil: I use regular olive oil. Extra-virgin olive oil brings a totally different taste.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: You can use lemon juice from a bottle or freshly squeezedf rom a lemon. Fresh lemon juice will always have a brighter taste.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This will add to the base of the salad dressing.
- Honey: The sweetness of the honey will balance out the acidity of the lemon juice. If you don’t have honey then try using maple syrup instead!
- Dijon Mustard: This little secret ingredient is what takes this dressing over the top!
How to Make Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad dressing takes less than 5 minutes to whisk up and pour on your salad! It’s a no-brainer, so get all the ingredients together and make this today!
- Whisk: In a small bowl, add together all of the dressing ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour: Pour desired amount over the salad.
You can change this lemon vinaigrette dressing up as you go! Here are a few ideas on how you can change it up to fit your needs and make it a little different every single time
- Salt and Pepper: Add in a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the dressing and mix it in. It will give it a little bit more of a savory taste.
- Garlic: Want a lemon garlic dressing instead? I like adding a little bit of minced garlic to this dressing if I am planning on drizzling it on some vegetables before I bake them up.
- Add More Oil: If you dressing is too tangy for your taste then add more oil, a little bit at a time, until you’ve reached your desired taste.
How to Store Leftovers
This lemon vinaigrette dressing is so good that you will definitely want to make some extra so that you can have some in your fridge for the weeks ahead! Luckily this stores super easily.
- In the Refrigerator: When you are done making your dressing then put it in an airtight container and place it in your fridge. It will last for about 1 week. When you are ready to use it then stir (or shake) it up before pouring it onto your salad.
Easy Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
In a small bowl, add together all of the dressing ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
Pour desired amount over the salad.
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply