- 1 1/4 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2/3 cup Soft brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 EggWhite
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- Few drops of green food coloring
- 3/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Unshelled Pistachios
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 190 C/ 375 F. And Lightly grease a ring cake pan.Set aside.
- In a medium bowl–and using an electric mixer– beat sugar, eggs and butter until creamy.
- Add sour cream and flour and mix for a couple of minutes.
- Pour mixture into cake pan. And bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then pour the royal icing/glaze onto the cake, pistachios and decorate as desired.
- Using a standard mixer, beat egg white until soft stiff peaks is form. Add lemon juice and sugar and food coloring. Beat for a couple of seconds more. Use as soon as it is made.