- •1/4 head cabbage, thinly shredded
- •1/2 carrot, grated or shredded
- •2 beaten eggs
- •1/2 cup flour
- •katsu sauce
- •2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 4 boneless pork chops (thin cut)
- •salt and pepper to taste
- •vegetable oil
- Trim off fat from pork chops (usually on the sides), then pound into thin pieces with tenderizer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat pork with flour, then beaten egg, and lastly panko bread crumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan or skillet on medium heat.
- Fry until golden brown and cooked through (you can cut to check insides). Usually takes about 8~10 minutes total if fully submerged in oil.
- Remove cutlets from the oil and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil and cool.
- Drain shredded cabbage well. Cut each cutlet into small pieces and serve on plate with cabbage slaw.
- Serve with katsu sauce for dipping and serve with rice.