This delicious detox smoothie has it all! Fruits, vegetables, and delicious milk and honey to sweeten it up and keep it smooth. Trust me when I say this is a MUST TRY smoothie recipe!
What is a Detox Smoothie?
For those of you that aren’t familiar, a detox smoothie is a smoothie that is filled to the brim with healthy ingredients. It has to have fruit and veggies and healthy proteins and fats. The point of a detox smoothie is to basically fill your body with good nutrients to create more balance. You would think that mixing fruits and vegetables and all things healthy that you would sacrifice on taste. But this smoothie is SOO GOOD.
This detox smoothie brings in a delightful array of different fruits and veggies that complement each other. Then, you add in some sweet honey, almond milk and greek yogurt and it smooths it all out. Once you drink this smoothie, you will be hooked! Pack in even more delicious and healthy options like these protein bars or these waffles!
Ingredients You Need to Make a Detox Smoothie
Check out the produce section of your grocery store and pick all of these ingredients up. Slice them up and put some in your freezer (or buy them already frozen!) and you will soon be ready to whip this up! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Almond milk: This not only brings in a great taste but it’s healthy as well.
- Greek yogurt: Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt is what I would use in this smoothie to make it nice and creamy.
- Spinach: You can use frozen of fresh!
- Celery: Chop this up into small pieces so that it blends up quickly.
- Pineapple: I like to use frozen chunks because it makes the smoothie thicker.
- Banana: A frozen banana will help with the texture of this smoothie.
- Honey: This is what sweetens this up without using sugar!
- Chia seeds: These are optional. You can add them into the smoothie or just sprinkle some on top!
Let’s Blend Up a Smoothie!
This detox smoothie is so good that you may want to make sure that you have extra ingredients on hand to make another. You are going to love how it tastes!
- Blend: Add almond milk, greek yogurt, spinach, celery, pineapple, banana, and honey into a blender. Blend until smooth.
Should I Use Frozen or Fresh Ingredients?
I like to use frozen ingredients in smoothies. This detox smoothie is no exception! The reason for this (other than it’s easy!) is because it makes the texture thicker and more smoothie-like. Using fresh ingredients that are filled with fresh juice will make it runnier. The taste will be the same either way!
To make it easy, I like to chop up my ingredients and measure them all out into individual servings. Then, in each bag, I place all of the ingredients to make 1 smoothie. That way when I am ready to make this then I just have to dump them in the blender. You can make a few bags at once so they are ready to go whenever!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- chia seeds optional
Add almond milk, greek yogurt, spinach, celery, pineapple, banana, and honey into a blender. Blend until smooth.
The Recipe Critic