- 2 ripe pears (I've used Anjou and Bosc), split vertically with core and seeds carefully removed
- 1-1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oatmeal, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Place the halved pears in a baking dish.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture onto the top of each pear half and pat down to make a small mound.
- Dot each of the pear halves with the pieces of butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes. Turn the oven to broil to allow the topping to brown, just for about 30 seconds. Watch the pears carefully at this point so they don’t burn.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce or plain.