- 2 tablespoons (30 g) melted butter
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup (30 g) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 g) nutmeg
- 1 prebaked pie crust
- 4 cups (around 600 g) raw rhubarb, chopped into bite-sized pieces (can be 1 1/2 1 1/2 cups (300 g) sugar
- a dash of salt
- Combine all the ingredients except the eggs and butter in a large bowl.
- Put the mixture into a pre-baked pie crust.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the rhubarb mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the pie. Make sure all the rhubarb is covered with the eggs/butter.
- Bake at 400 F (220 C) for 50 minutes. Since the crust has already been baked, you might want to tent some aluminum foil around the edges of the pie so that the exposed part of the crust doesn't get too brown.
Leave a Reply