- 1 cup chopped cauliflower (3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped butternut squash (2.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped apple (2 oz)
- 1 cup water, plus about 1/2 cup extra
- 2-3 tsp Braggs liquid aminos
- 1/2 heaping tsp: curry powder (or even 1 tsp, if you like the heat), garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- a small squirt (1/8 tsp) sriracha
- 1/8 block pressed lite firm tofu, cubed
- Get ready two small saucepans.
- In one have together 1/2 of the squash and 1/2 of the apple – bring to a simmer, and simmer until just tender when pierced with a fork.
- In the other, add in the rest of the vegetables along with 1 cup of water – bring this to a rolling boil, reduce to a simmer, and simmer until very very tender. When very tender, remove the vegetables from the heat, and blend these vegetables together (without draining) with the Braggs, spices, sriracha and the additional 1/2 cup water.
- Mix the blended part of the soup with the simmered squash and apples. Mix in the cubed tofu, gently re-heat and serve.