- 5 chicken drumsticks (skinless)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (preferably with a microplane)
- juice of 1/4 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Marinate the chicken with the spice powders, garlic, lemon juice and a tsp of olive oil. Add some salt and pepper to taste and leave at room temperature for at least half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 400F. Grease an oven proof pan. Lay the drumsticks in a single layer. Bake on high for the first fifteen minutes, then reduce to 300F and continue to cook for another fifteen, or until almost done.
- Then turn on the broiler and place the pan under it. Continue to cook the chicken until it gets a nice colour on both sides (turn them after about five minutes on each side).
- Serve with corn sautéed with garlic, chilli and green onions and garnished with fresh cilantro and spring onion greens