Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken is ready in just 30 minutes and the parmesan garlic sauce will wow the entire family! This will become a new favorite!
Chicken is a favorite dish in our family and all over the world. You have to try these fan favorites, Tuscan Garlic, Slow Cooker Crack Chicken, and Fried Rice.
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Skillet meals are our favorite lately. Just like this Skillet Italian Sausage and Peppers and Chili’s Skillet Queso, this mushroom chicken is amazing! This is ready in just 30 minutes and they taste like they are from a restaurant. And you guys. This Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce is ON POINT! It will be one of the best sauces that you will ever make! My son said this is one of the best things he has ever eaten! I think my son is the biggest fan of my cooking. My other one is unpredictable and pretty picky but he LOVED this meal as well. Of course, he had to scrape the mushrooms and spinach off but said it was amazing.
I promise that you guys are going to love this meal just as much as we did! I have been perfecting this creamy sauce for so long and it is literally amazing. All of my chicken skillet dishes have been getting a ton of attention. Try Creamy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore and Skillet French Onion Chicken to know what I mean! These dishes are fast, delicious, and super easy. I know that you are going to love this one too!
Ingredients For Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this dish with success. For a different twist substitute the chicken with salmon or shrimp. Use the type of mushrooms you and your family love best.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: Try to pick chicken that is all the same size and thickness for even cooking.
- Olive oil: Use a good grade extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper: Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sliced mushrooms: You can slice your own or buy presliced mushrooms. Button, baby portabella, and cremici work best.
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce
Using full-fat ingredients for the sauce will give you the creamiest results. Half and half will be the best next thing to heavy creamy. This creates a super yummy creamy rich sauce that is unbelievably satisfying.
- Butter: Use real butter not a butter substitue for the best flavor.
- Garlic cloves minced: Fresh garlic gives a pungent flavor that complilments the mushrooms.
- Flour: Thickens the sauce.
- Chicken broth: Chicken will give the best flavor.
- Heavy cream or half and half: Either will give flavor and creaminess.
- Grated parmesan cheese: Grate your own cheese so it will melt the best.
- Garlic powder: Adds extra flavor without bulk.
- Pepper and Salt: Add more or less to taste.
- Spinach: Chopped finely. You don’t want too much bulk.
How to Make Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Cooking the chicken till it’s done and tender, but not overcooked and dry, is the goal here. Remember that chicken will continue to cook a bit after it’s removed from the pan. So you can remove the chicken right before it’s done and it will be juicy and tender.
- Cook the Chicken: In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Make the Sauce: To make the sauce add the butter and melt. Add garlic and cook until tender. Whisk in the flour until it thickens. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Add the spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts. Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the sauce and serve over pasta is desired.
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken Tips
The flavor for this dish comes from the umami in the mushrooms, the saltiness from the parmesan cheese, and the pungent garlic. The easiness of this dish is going to be mind-blowing after you taste how incredible this is.
- Chicken Breasts: There are a few ways to ensure you get moist tender chicken. Pound skinless boneless chicken breasts till they are all the same thickness. This will ensure the chicken cooks at the same rate so it finishes at the same time. You can also pre-slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces. This will also make sure the chicken cooks at the same time.
- Chicken Thighs: You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this dish. The brown meat will create extra moist, tender chicken.
- When is the Chicken Done?: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken reaches 160 degrees for white meat and 165 for dark meat. You can remove the chicken from the pan once it hits 158 degrees. Letting the chicken rest it will continue to both cook and redistribute the juices throughout the meat.
- Spinach: If you want, you can chop the spinach into bite sized pieces instead of leaving it big.
How to Serve This Creamy Chicken Dish
This is so creamy and so savory, you are going to want to make sure that you get every single drop of sauce up off your plate. Serve this over rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta to help soak up the sauce. For low carb options you can serve over zucchini zoodles, mashed cauliflower, or steamed vegetables. Use a crusty bread to help clean your plate clean. This is going to be a dinner you put on repeat.
Grilled Asparagus Recipe
Copycat Olive Garden Salad
How To Store Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Because of the cream in this dish, I do not recommend freezing. When you warm it up it will separate and the texture will be off, although it will still taste amazing. Keep this in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spinach chopped
In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
To make the sauce add the butter and melt. Add garlic and cook until tender. Whisk in the flour until it thickens. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Add the spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts. Add the chicken and ,mushrooms back to the sauce and serve over pasta is desired.
Originally Posted on June 20, 2016
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply